UNC Health Care Practice Manager II - UNC ENT - Goldsboro in Goldsboro, North Carolina
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary:The Practice Manager II is responsible for the management of 2 physician practice locations and/or with (combined) 6 - 10 providers. This role is responsible for managing all functions of the assigned physician practices operated by UNC Health Care, including organization and planning of the services provided by the practice. The Practice Manager II coordinates the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities, provides leadership, makes decisions, sets goals, and assures that quality, performance and production standards are maintained. The Practice Manager II is responsible for implementation of comprehensive programs to ensure delivery and management of efficient and financially responsible delivery of quality health care in the physician office setting.
Responsibilities: 1. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and evaluating employee performance.
Provides supervision and direction for all practice staff. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work flow. Serves as a resource for decision making and problem solving, and as a liaison between physicians, managment, and other departments.
Participates in budgetary planning, implementation, and monitoring of all financial aspects of the physician office practice. Responsible for patient scheduling and throughput, physician and staff productivity and maintenance of adequate staffing, equipment, and supplies.
Responsible for compliance with billing and accounting procedures, revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
Identifies trends and develops a plan of action to address customer, employee, and physician satisfaction issues. Participates on teams to achieve desired results.
Responsible for resolution of facility management, equipment, and safety issues.
Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Coordinates ongoing unit based performance improvement activities.
Demonstates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
Other information: Education Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline. Three years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. One year of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. One year (1) Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
● If high school or GED: Eleven years (11) of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting. One year (1) Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, employees, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Computer Skills: Ability to utilize practice management and EHR systems, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC ENT - Goldsboro
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Goldsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process. Learn further E-Verify details in English or Spanish.
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right to Work Statement in English or Spanish.