HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Transporter, Patient Transport in Georgetown, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Transporter you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Georgetown Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Transporter like you to be a part of our team.
As a Transporter, you will transport patients to and from the department and assist with transporting equipment to and from departments, as well. You will ensure that patients are handled with comfort and safety
- You will assist patients, transfer discharged patients to vehicles, lift patients on and off beds, and move patients to and from treatment areas and operating rooms
- You will escort patients to and from departments, and verify order, isolation status, and patient identity
- You will ensure availability of adequate transport equipment and start and end of each shift
- You will ensure that proper forms and documents have been completed prior to procedures
- You will track the number and type of transports
- You will transport equipment and supplies to assigned patient care areas
- You will transport laboratory specimens by picking them up and delivering them to the specified laboratory
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 114-bed facility offering a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; orthopedics and joint replacement; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In 2019, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health (formerly known as Truven) in conjunction with its parent campus, St. David’s Medical Center, which made the list for the tenth consecutive year.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Transporter opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Previous experience in an applicable field – preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Patient Care Technician (PCT) – preferred
- Previous clerical experience in hospital, front office, or medical billing office –preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: *Transporter, Patient Transport *
Location: Texas-Georgetown-St. David%27s Georgetown Hospital
Requisition ID: 25067-79959