Robert Half International Human Resources Assistant in Fremont, California
OfficeTeam is seeking a Success-Driven HR Assistant for a Thriving Construction Company in Fremont, CA! The human resource specialist provides support within various human resource processes, programs and activities within the organization that support the achievement of the departmental goals. It is extremely important to protect the organization’s value by upholding the highest level of confidentiality with regard to all protected information and company documents. This amazing temporary to full-time opportunity is being offered now, so please do not hesitate to apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assists with the administration of all employee benefits programs: enrollments, changes and terminations, ID cards, and enrollment form accuracy.
• Coordinates benefit enrollment data with third party administrator, processing required documents timely and accurately.
• Enters deductions and benefit data for appropriate eligibility, proper deductions, and communicates information as needed to any parties within the benefit.
• Maintains employee benefit/medical files.
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Performs onboarding responsibilities associated with the hiring process (interviews, scheduling orientation, preparation of paperwork, file preparation, etc.)
• Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
• Completes background checks, unemployment claims, WOTC, and other required processes.
• Maintains and distributes various HR related reports (i.e., monthly turnover, HR activity, insurance eligibility, employee listing, etc.).
• Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
• Performs confidential personnel file and medical file maintenance.
• Responds to verifications of employment.
• Responds to and administers FMLA.
• Assists or prepares correspondence or other special projects, as assigned.
- This is your chance to make a difference, so please apply today! Please submit your resume and contact us at 510.744.6486 for more information.
• Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices within scope of duties.
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
• Ability to work with all departmental levels and foster teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with database management and record keeping.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in composing materials.
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assignments.
• Strong math skills.
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English and have good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
10+ years of experience
HR processes, hr assistant experience
Office /HR, Admin/Clerical
If you have previous experience as an HR Assistant , please apply now! Our client is ready to meet you, so please contact us at 510.744.6486 for next steps.
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Fremont, CA
Date Posted: September 10, 2019
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00110-9502174705
Staffing Area: OfficeTeam