Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech (CST), Or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Scrub Tech for Labor & Delivery, Full-time, 6:30PM-7AM, Ft. Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Scrub Tech
– in Labor & Delivery
Are you looking for a rewarding career, tight-knit nursing team and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Surgical Techs or LVN’s with scrub tech experience like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Ft. Worth, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Work environment: The Women’s Center at Texas Health Ft. Worth, a MAGNET , and Texas 10-Step facility, has been named “Best Place to Have a Baby” and Maternal Level IV designated facility .
3 OR suites – in the Labor & Delivery area
Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, (3) 12-hour shifts, 6:30PM – 7:00AM, plus call requirements
Salary range: $23.11 - $38.00 per hour (based on relevant experience) + great shift differentials
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth opened a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice Surgical Technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 or Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or Military Training Surgical Technology program.
• At least 1 year of current Certified Surgical Tech/Scrub Tech experience strongly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist upon hire or LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire or Military Training Program in surgical technology and Certified Surgical Technologist within 2 Years upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
THFW Labor & Delivery Certified Surgical Tech’s/LVN Scrub Techs will assist with C-sections, GYN Oncology, and all types of female-related surgeries. We have 3 OR’s in the LDR setting. We take care of high acuity patients and operate 24/7.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST will:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Certified Surgical Tech, or Licensed Vocational Nurse, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
- Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.