TEKsystems Java Team Lead in Flagstaff, Arizona
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values— relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
We have an immediate need for an energetic, motivated Java Team Lead who is passionate about the application developments, leading teams and helping customers. Your knowledge, ideas and guidance will play a major role in delivering successful solutions and projects. This role can be remote may require travel.
Java Team Lead
This position is responsible for analyzing, resolving, documenting, and supporting the components, software, and layers required for complex software environments. As part of the team in charge of building, delivering, and supporting a portfolio of applications, this person performs tasks including analysis, investigation, diagnosis, planning, estimation, coding, debugging and knowledge transfer. This person will identify needs, estimate and commit to delivering on those tasks, and track the status of those tasks to completion.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities:
• Perform Tier I, II & III Support (investigation, diagnosis, resolution, restoration, root cause analysis)
• Performs other support activities which may include: service requests, incident resolution, production support, system monitoring, analysis and reporting, system process evaluation
• Analyze and understand user and computer systems requirements
• Prioritizes assigned tasks to meet or exceed service level targets
• Participate in software development lifecycle activity; estimating, planning, designing, coding, documenting and testing of software applications
• Work closely with the team lead
• Work on any other related task whenever necessary
Required Education and/or Experience:
• 3+ years of experience with IT Service Management and ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• 3+ years of experience in Object Oriented analysis, design, development and integration of software products in a company recognized for software development capability, using Java
• Knowledge of other development languages is a plus
• Exposure to Spring 3 framework for managing dependency injection and transaction as well as the MVC component for building web application
• Some experience with continuous integration
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete of deliverables,
• Bachelor’s Degree or a College Degree in a related area and at least 3 years of experience
• Hospitality experience a plus.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
Candidate must understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts. Additionally, the candidate will have strong presentation, interpersonal, software development and work management skills.
• Adobe Experience Manager or similar content management system a plus
• Excellent communication capability in English, both spoken and written
• Strong documentation skills
• Proactive attitude
• Analytical, thorough, resourceful, and detail-oriented
• Customer service-focused
• Strong ability to work in an open and collaborative team environment
• Effective time management
• Hard working and flexible
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Health Savings
• Paid Time-Off
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Transportation Benefits
• Life & AD&D & Supplemental Life
• $110,000 to $125,000
cbollow 303 843 3764
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.