Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE PRN in FAIRFAX, Virginia
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
We are looking for a Licensed lactation consultant with 2 plus years of experience preferred.
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
- Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
- Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
Schedule: PRN- Day and Night shifts
- At least six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting (Telemetry and Ventilator experience preferred).
- BSN or AD
If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:
Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
Accredited School of nursing
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
- Proficient computer skills required
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL
Work Site Address: 3600 JOSEPH SIEWICK DRIVE
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA