UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Information System Security Officer in Fairbanks, Alaska
Tracking Code FCDAS-21-1350-W
Job Code 21-1350
Posting Title Information System Security Officer
Post Date 9/14/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER (FCDAS-21-1350-W):
Bowhead is seeking to network with an Information Systems Security Officer for a proposal effort at the Fairbanks Command and Data Acquisition Station in Fairbanks, AK. The Information Systems Security Officer will be responsible for developing and monitoring compliance with OSP information security control policies and procedures for systems within the OSPO.
Duties may include:
• Coordinating the development and updating of the System Security Plans, equipment and software updates for the FCDAS Partner Antenna Access Network (PAAN).
• Coordinating with the System Owner and other stakeholders any changes to the system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
• The ISSO will interact extensively with other line offices and partners for planning, implementation, and maintenance of PAAN.
• Serving as the principal staff advisor to the System Owner for OSPO-owned networks at FCDAS on all matters involving the security of the information systems.
• Will be responsible for the management of the security aspects of the assigned information systems and oversee the day-to-day security operations of the assigned systems.
• Assisting the system owner (SO) in developing and enforcing security policies for the information system.
• Maintaining the security authorization package in the Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) system.
• Updating the system security plan (SSP) and supporting documents referenced in the SSP.
• Monitoring the execution of plans of action and milestones (POA&Ms) and updating POA&M status in CSAM.
• Executing and documenting continuous monitoring activities; and managing and controlling changes to the information system and assessing the security impacts of those changes.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Requirements • Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and three to five (3 to 5) years of experience in an ISSO role
• Qualified candidates will be required to obtain and maintain professional certifications, for example, a CISSP certificate, but candidates who already possess these certifications are highly desired
• Prior experience supporting the Fairbanks Command and Data Acquisition Station is desired
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)