Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer Associate Manager in Englewood, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Your invitation to an exciting future
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow.
We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
The Space Quality Assurance Team has a great opportunity for a Supply Chain Quality (SCQ) Associate Manager (Assoc Mgr) located at one of our facilities or remotely. The SCQ Assoc. Mgr role is responsible for a diverse team of Quality Professionals who specialize in quality requirements definition, flow-down, approved supplier list, supplier surveys, special process management and driving internal process improvement. You must be a motivated change agent, responsible for providing resource management to ensure that the right skills are being applied across the SCQ Requirements, Management and Survey Team while ensuring mission success and efficiency. The SCQ organization is focused on Standardized Process, Cross-functional Alignment and Upstream Prevention. This role will be crucial in standardizing our supplier quality requirements and the processes the team follows.
The SCQ Requirements Team is comprised of ten employees located in Denver, Sunnyvale and remote locations. The team engages early in the procurement cycle requiring process excellence to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. You will be responsible for:
- Personnel management functions including performance appraisals, setting and monitoring performance goals, and maintaining appropriate staffing levels
- Management of the development, modification, application and maintenance of quality planning activity within SCQ.
- Establishes and maintains open and effective communications with both internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Oversee collaborations with program quality engineering, material planning, and supply chain functions to assure customer flow down requirements are effectively executed.
- Oversee the management and coordination of supplier QMS and Special Process Approvals.
- Leadership experience prioritizing and managing workload to meet program need dates
- Demonstrated change agent with experience implementing continuous process improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality management systems (AS9100, ISO9001, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Quality activities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to travel
- Prior experience in Supply Chain Quality competencies
- Experience working on and leading diverse, geographically dispersed teams
- Inclusive and customer focused behavior and problem solving abilities, developing employees, building constructive partnering relationships with customers, employees, DCMA, and other business units
- Proven ability to manage Quality Assurance efforts in accordance with enterprise-level command media and Program specific requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and organization skills
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining budget allocations
- Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
- Familiarity with LM Procure to Pay (P2P), SAP, and EPDM systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.