Sheppard Pratt Health System Registered Nurse/RN (Adolescent Unit/Ellicott City) in Ellicott City, Maryland
The Adolescent Unit on our Ellicott City campus treats males and females ages 12 to 17 with all psychiatric conditions and diagnoses. This 22 bed unit is designed for crisis stabilization, with the goal of discharging the patient to less intensive levels of care as quickly as possible. The care is directed by a multi-disciplinary treatment team, led by the psychiatrist and including social workers, discharge co-coordinators, nurses, activity therapists, and mental health workers. We provide therapeutic education groups, with a focus on dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) principles including distress tolerance, mindfulness, and emotional regulation to help strengthen and teach positive coping skills.
As a Registered Nurse/RN you will:
- Perform a full range of professional psychiatric nursing services, including assessing, planning, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with team treatment plans.
- Administer medical treatment as prescribed by physician.
- Teach and provide psychosocial support to patients and their families.
- Provide day-to-day clinical direction to assigned Mental Health Workers or other paraprofessional staff.
- Document and report patient progress to treatment team.
Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland (or compact state) at time of appointment and continuously while in position.
Experience in a psychiatric nursing setting preferred.
All new clinical staff will begin their extended clinical orientation/training immediately following your first day of employment.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.