Lockheed Martin F-35 Structures/Sheet Metal Technician in Eglin AFB, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: * This position will be part of the Lockheed Martin Sustainment Services, supporting the F-35 Field Modification Team at various locations.
This position requires the following:
* Heavy Depot Level Maintenance, Repair and modification of the aircraft structure and major subassembly's. Plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair various sheet metal and structural assemblies and sub-assemblies utilizing precision measuring equipment.
* Candidate will have worked with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Candidate will have extensive and recent experience utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
* Candidate must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes - Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
* Exercise a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained; completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods.
* Verifies application/condition of installed LO materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs; removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
* Candidate is required to regularly perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach. The candidate is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
* Record data and procedural information for future use by others.
* Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations.
* Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Interim Clearance is required to start. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
* Candidate must have structural repair experience on aircraft.
* Candidate must have experience with fabricating shims, brackets and plates as required and performing assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
* Candidate must have experience with bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft, where methods and operational sequences are not established.
* Candidate must be able to wear and perform while wearing a respirator.
3 years of structural repair experience on fighter type aircraft.
Low Observable(LO) Coatings Application experience.
Tool Control programs, HazMat.
ALIS, IMIS knowledge.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.