J&J Family of Companies Senior Principal Medical Science Liaison in Edison, New Jersey
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Principal Medical Science Liaison to be located in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The Senior Principal Medical Science Liaison (SPMSL) is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team. SPMSLs serve as a strategic link between Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision and our Scientific Partners. They are expected to develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with medical experts and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of Ophthalmic Surgery. The SPMSLs strategically support the development and appropriate use/adoption of JJSV products through evidence-based scientific exchange and by seeking external insights to further inform and shape the company's understanding of the products, therapeutic area, and clinical practice. Additionally, the SPMSLs provide general medical/healthcare information in given therapeutic area(s) to practitioners and internal JJSV associates. SPMSLs may respond to on- and off-label questions with the highest integrity and in full compliance with all HCC, legal, regulatory and JJSV guidelines, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide medical/scientific information, competitive intelligence to internal and external stakeholders including advisory boards and other relevant meetings.
· Develop and maintain KOL relationships while providing customer insight through assessment of future needs of customers.
· Generate and disseminate medical/scientific information regarding pre and post market pipeline products and assure thoughtful and informed exchange of current medical information and data.
· Provide medical support for targeted customers in collaboration with the Sales force.
· Plan and organize training of pertinent medical content to internal and external stakeholders.
· Review and approve promotional, scientific and training materials as necessary.
· Ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical, medical and scientific information in a timely, compliant and ethical manner including but not limited to unsolicited off-label requests and product related issues.
· Assist in developing novel clinical study ideas and provide analysis of clinical studies to ensure information integrity for the company's products.
· Develop and lead key product presentations to demonstrate the benefits to thought leaders, medical groups, government agencies and health systems.
· Proactively identify potential solutions to address internally and externally recognized need for medical information
· Participate in establishing operational protocol for Medical Science Liaison.
· Develop policies and procedures for development and provision of medical and technical information relating to company's products for use by customers.
· Organize and review creation of educational, promotional and reporting materials for use within the company's products.
· Analyze reports on scientific, customer, and market information on prelaunch and marketed products.
· 4-year bachelor’s degree required
· Advanced Scientific Degree (MD, DO, OD, PhD) preferred
· Minimum 8 years of work experience
· Minimum 5 years clinical work experience in the field of Ophthalmology
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role
· Real World Evidence experience is highly desirable
· Industry experience desirable
· Solid knowledge of eye diseases, ophthalmologic surgical procedures and technologies is desired
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
· Expected travel 60-80%
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision Strong time management and administrative management skills
· Must be able to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
· Excellent presentation skills and
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· This position is open to: Southern California, Florida, Texas, the Northeast or Southeast of the United States.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Atlantic City, North America-United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, North America-United States-North Carolina-Jacksonville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Cherry Hill, North America-United States-New York-Albany, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge, North America-United States-Texas-Austin, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Alabama-Huntsville, North America-United States-Alabama-Lafayette, North America-United States-Alabama-Madison, North America-United States-Arkansas-Little Rock, North America-United States-Florida-Tampa, North America-United States-Georgia-Cornelia, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Bridgewater, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New York-Horseheads, North America-United States-New Jersey-Edison
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)
Medical Science Liaison