Robert Half International L&D Instructional Designer/Program Designer in Edina, Minnesota
Our client is seeking a contract Learning & Development Instructional Designer/Program Designer.
As the leading chain in America, the organization serves more than 100 million customers a year and is transforming its business model from corporate-owned stores to a franchise model. The learning landscape is changing – fast – so they are evolving along with it. They are looking for a contract Learning & Development (L& D) Instructional Designer and/or Program Designer who is interested in putting their instructional design and program design skills to work.
As a L& D Instructional Designer/Program Designer, you’ll be responsible for re-designing our learning and development onboarding process and programs for franchisees. Today, this consists of:
1) Our overall onboarding and store opening process for franchisees,
2) Education and an in-person training for franchise candidates before they become franchisees, and
3) Orientation or additional onboarding training for franchisees once they become franchisees and before they open their store
This individual will lead the overall program analysis and design of this work with the support of a small internal team and any SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) as needed, ideally taking the work through the development phase.
As a L& D Instructional Designer/Program Designer, you’ll take the lead as you…
• Analyze, re-design and develop an onboarding experience and training solutions while leveraging proven methodologies and best practices
• Champion the needs of learning/business development teams, brand teams and stakeholders throughout the process; ensure what is delivered meets goals and key performance metrics
• Align solutions to our learning and business development strategy
• Create and/or recommend enhancements to guidelines, policies, practices, and procedures to drive improvements
• (preferred) Act as project lead, partnering with learning team, SMEs, and AVP of Learning & Development as you complete the project
Ideal candidates have…
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Learning & Organizational Development, related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 7+ years’ experience (in learning and organizational development, instructional design, program design role, etc.)
· Proven ability to design highly visible, large scale learning programs
· Experience in designing/developing complex, multi-audience learning and development programs, simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Experience designing engaging and successful instructor led training (virtual or in-person) programs from the user/learner point of view
· Previous experience in retail, corporate salon organization or with a franchisor/franchise organization
· Experience using web-based learning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate, LMS page-builders, etc.)
· Experience using multimedia and standard office tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Edina, MN
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02302-0011715001
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial