Actalent Mechanical Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Senior Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in coordinating and leading new product development efforts for a new device still in proof of concept. The role will require engineering skills to facilitate expedient and logical project decisions, including technical work prioritization. This person will be supporting a new device in the portfolio form concept into commercialization (2 year timeline).
• BSME or equivalent with 8+ years of demonstrated hands on product design and/or mechanical engineering experience.
• Prior experience in a regulated industry such as healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies desirable
• Demonstrated new product development experience from concept through commercialization
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
• Ability to coordinate and co-develop with other engineering disciplines within the department (Software, Electrical, and Product Engineering) to produce multi-disciplinary design solutions.
• Thorough understanding of robust engineering methodologies and stage-gate development processes as well as manufacturing/procurement/quality processes.
• Experience working on optical systems, stress analysis, thermal design and tolerance analysis
• Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and structured problem-solving skills, decision-making, planning and organizing.
• Knowledge of numeric analysis and design engineering tools such as FEA, Mathcad, MATLAB are preferred.
• Knowledge and practical application of current and emerging engineering science and cutting-edge technologies.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.