BluePearl Veterinary Technician - Relief in Duluth, Minnesota
Veterinary Technician - Relief
Looking for additional flexible hours? Consider joining our relief team!
BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital in Duluth, MN is seeking Veterinary Technicians to join our relief team. We are a busy Emergency-only practice searching individuals who are wanting to fill-in when their schedules allow. Searching for up-beat individuals with the ability to multi-task.
Are you committed and passionate about enriching lives through remarkable care for pets?
Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding work environment?
Are you a team player who enjoys working together on a team to provide quality care for pets?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician:
• You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle patients.
• You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
• You appropriately utilize cold sterilization.
• You will clean, appropriately wrap, and sterilize instruments.
• You set up for routine procedures
• You induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients.
• You can accurately and completely prepare and maintain anesthetic monitoring forms.
• You obtain and interpret blood pressure and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
• You set up constant rate infusions (CRI).
• You place peripheral over-the-needle catheter in all peripheral vessels.
• You appropriately restrain aggressive canine and feline patients.
• You can recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds.
• You maintain all feeding tubes
• You calculate all medical math including advanced and CRI (mcg/mg, %/mg, etc).
• You can identify patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
• Current certification/license in veterinary technology.
• Experience working in an emergency veterinary practice preferred but not required.
• High School graduate.
health benefits options
referral bonus program
unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.