Cardinal Health Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing in Dublin, Ohio
What Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing contributes to Cardinal Health
Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing provides a premier level of service to our customers with optimal levels of inventory by collaborating with our internal and external partners to purchase pharmaceutical and medical products from our Supplier partners. Along with our Supplier partners, the team works with Sourcing, Customer Service, Finance, DC Operations, and Sales to ensure our customers’ needs are met, our processes are efficient, supplier performance is evaluated, and products arrive in the right place, at the right cost, at the right time and in the right quantities.
- Comprehensive ownership and efficient management of the purchase order life cycle (Review order exceptions,create POs and ensure receipt)
- Manage Supplier portfolio tomeetkey metrics (Days Inventory On Hand,Service Level, Lead Time, etc.)
- Efficientitem leveldemand forecastingwhile incorporatingcustomer/market insights
- Maintain purchasing systemparameters for assignedSupplier portfolio(order minimums, order days, lead time, order cycle, etc.)
- Serve as primaryInventory/Purchasingcontact for the Supplier and develop long term relationshipsto continually improve supply chain processes and meet our customer needs
- Collaborate effectively with Suppliers andother stakeholders to manage issues, gather relevant data, review performance and drive improvements (ex. Advance Ship Notice and purchaseorders via EDI).
- Proactively analyze service failures to mitigate future issues which may include the placement of emergency purchase orders
- Create and maintain product availability messaging via Supplier backorder reports andmanagethe release of backordered products into the supply chain
- Assist in the execution of new product launches, item replacements(NDC changes), and new Supplieronboarding
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Skilled at root-causing, data analysis, and business-partnering with other areas
- IntermediateMicrosoftExcel and Accessknowledge
- Experience with purchasing systems preferred (SCORE, SAP, etc.)
- Excellent communication,interpersonal,and analyticskills
- Organizational skillsand ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of supply chain concepts, financial acumen, and product knowledge
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- In-depth research, root-causing, analysis, and resolution of errors
- Perform day to day tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze current inventory positions and formulate data driven conclusions and actions
- Run weekly reports to highlight areas of improvement that will positively impact goalsand take action when possible
- Utilize influencing, communication, and collaborativeskills to partner withinternal teamsand Suppliers toensure product is available for end customers
- Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal purchasing decisions based on Supplier and Customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for Supplier portfolio.
- A willingness to create partnerships with internal and externalSuppliers and Customers
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with proprietary information
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.