Citi Java Developer in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18057172
Overview of Citi:
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi’s single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating “A” by all three primary Rating Agencies. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
A Technical developer required to join a team reengineering an aging critical client server application for the Issuer Services Area, and then moving on to delivery of new Business improvements. You will be challenged to deliver creative and quality-assured solutions for Citi’s next generation issuance system.
This is an equal opportunity position.
• You should be hands on and have a strong analytical and technical ability with minimum of extensive years of experience. Involvement with complex medium to large projects in a dynamic financial environment is desirable.
• You should have good interpersonal skills.
• The role requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources, and allows you to apply your skills and knowledge to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
• Understand business needs and translate into new solutions using new technologies.
• Database experience required.
• You should have experience with all aspects of the SDLC.
• A Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies.
• You have the ability to work both independently, with other team members, and across teams in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment
• Able to take care of changes in priority
• Additional skills that are not mandatory but will be an advantage if you have them :
Extesnive years experience in RESTful API development.
Experience in use of Containers (Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes)
Experience in Oracle SQL
Experience in HTML5 and CSS3.
Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment. Hard working and highly motivated.
Kafka / MQ, CQRS, Axon framework
• IT degree desirable but not necessary
What we Offer
This is an opportunity to be involved in crafting and developing a new system, using state of the art technology, and working with a business that wants to be using the best in class system.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• Competitive paid annual leave
• A superb non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
• Life assurance cover
• Opportunity to work in a flexible environment
• Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
• Citi also supports a further education policy
• Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
• Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.