Microsoft Corporation Inside Sales Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Inside Sales Manager - German Market
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Do you possess superior leadership, communications and consultative capabilities?
Microsoft is seeking a manager with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center as the Inside Sales Manager to lead our (NAME HERE) business. As the Inside Sales Manager, (NAME HERE), you will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Inside Account Executives teams consist of highly capable sales people that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities are to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way to deal close.
• Build, motivate and mentor a high-functioning inside sales team to lead and drive sales conversations; hire new Inside Sales Representatives
• Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close.
• Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive services consumption and up-sell and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
• Lead team members through example. Lead and coach team members through strong call coaching of their customer sales calls, demos and experience sessions over Skype for Business
• Coach teams to excel at opportunity management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements, e.g. through joint customer calls
• Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers, including coaching the team to engage in product demos
• Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
• Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity and accuracy
• Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives, and Inside Technical Solution Professionals to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Improve sales and technical competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
•4+ years of sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more.
• Fluent German and English
•4-year degree required.
• 4+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve
• Experience, background and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads
• Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
• General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual systems, processes, products and services quickly and accurately
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.