Ross Stores, Inc. Coordinator, Real Estate Law in Dublin, California
Act as liaison between the Real Estate dealmakers and in-house/outside counsel to facilitate the preparation and exchange of legal information and documentation. Oversee and maintain the master (Property Development) Store files in a secured area. Manage all off-site storage of Property Development's files and documents. File, scan and index legal documents and correspondence and perform general data input into a computerized database. Verify the completion and accuracy of all final execution sets of lease documents. Provide administrative and project management support to the Real Estate Law Department. Perform administrative office duties as needed.
- Oversee the daily filing of documents and related correspondence into Property Development's master Store files. Ensure master Store files remain secured and in numerical order.
- Manage and conduct regular audits of document scanning and filing processes in the Real Estate Law department. Review effectiveness of current processes and propose improvements as needed.
- Train and guide Real Estate Law Clerk on Property Development's procedures for scanning and filing legal documents, if needed.
- Oversee and maintain all information scanned into the PDSiteLink system and generate and maintain an accurate and up-to-date index of the master Store files.
- Establish and maintain a tracking system for master Store files provided to, and returned by, Property Development employees. Maintain master Store file inventory and account for missing files.
- Coordinate with Real Estate dealmakers and outside brokers to ensure timely receipt of fully executed Letters of Intent, with all applicable exhibits or attachments, in both .pdf and Word formats for use in the Priority and Real Estate Committee meetings.
- Assist the Real Estate Law paralegals and attorneys with recording SNDAs (Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements) and MOLs (Memorandum of Lease).
- Prepare, and oversee preparation of, final sets of lease documents prior to submission to management for execution. Proofread and verify the accuracy and completeness of the information and ensure conformity to Property Development requirements.
- Notarize legal documents generated in Property Development as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other administrative assistants in Property Development to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Independently compose memos, reports and other documents as needed.
- Prepare files to be sent to off-site storage facility as needed. Maintain accurate and complete storage log. Retrieve and return files to storage upon request.
Perform office duties and general administrative support to the Real Estate Law Department, including but not limited to:
Telephone backup during meetings and lunch hours.
- Administrative general office duties.
- Maintain a variety of records, files, reports, etc.
- Various other general tasks, responsibilities and projects as needed.
Perform support duties as needed "back up" for the Real Estate Law Administrative Assistant, including but not limited to:
Open, date-stamp and distribute incoming mail
- Create new files
- Prepare airbills for monthly Federal Express shipments
- Organization/Time Management
- High Quality Work Product
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Manage Large Workload
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Meets Deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a legal department.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. College degree is preferable, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize work efficiently and work comfortably under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn and use PDSiteLink system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Notary public.
- Able to operate copier and fax machines.
- Display high degree of judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
Ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer, Monday through Friday.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, hear, talk on the telephone, attend in-person meetings, type, and work with paper/files, etc.
Consistent and regular attendance.
Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and bend and squat.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.