HCA, Hospital Corporation of America NICU Nurse Navigator in Denver, Colorado
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a NICU Nurse Navigator to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Perinatal Navigator functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serves as an advocate and educator for pregnant patients, from diagnosis (either of the fetal diagnosis or the maternal complication) through end of active treatment.
The Perinatal Navigator’s primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant to the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, tours of facility, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment. The Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross-facility coverage and collaboration.
The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family, all physicians involved in that patient’s care, internal and external healthcare providers, support network members, and the wider healthcare community. This role will require collaboration with local physician liaisons and leadership to conduct internal and external outreach and marketing.
Here is what you can expect from working as a Nurse Navigator for HealthONE:
- Serve as patient advocate from diagnosis to end of active treatment
- Assess patients’ medical, social, psychosocial, and other care needs o On an individual basis, use appropriate tools to identify patient needs and barriers to care and provide access to potential resolutions o Identify health disparities and assist in removal of these disparities
- Provide appropriate teaching, outreach, and support to patients and families. Ensure the patient is empowered to manage his/her own healthcare needs o Provide clarification on the healthcare system throughout the care pathway o Support providers to assist patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including education, clinical research studies, and technologic advances o Provide education/connection to resources on subjects that fall beyond the scope of individual modalities (access to supportive care, financial support, return to work)
- Streamline processes for patients by assisting with appointment scheduling and paperwork preparation o Ensure the organization of appointments and explain the sequence of treatments o Ensure smooth transitions between care modalities, facilities, and providers. Introduce patients to appropriate caregivers, as needed. o Facilitate patient movement through the appropriate clinical pathway and collaborate with physicians to ensure patient compliance
- Coordinate and assist patients to remove barriers related to insurance coverage, transportation, child care, finances, language, etc. so they can focus on their treatment plan, not these barriers
- Connect patients to hospital and community resources
- Responsible for scheduling and executing group or private tours of the L&D and/or NICU units for families within the navigation program. Based on needs of the patient, tours may include antepartum, postpartum, nursery, ICU and pediatrics, as well as the remainder of the hospital as it pertains to childbirth.
- Conduct follow-up conversations with all patients and communicate any concerns, changes, or social needs to the appropriate physician or other care provider
- Attend and lead MultiDisciplinary Meetings (MDM) and/or other meetings, as necessary o Ensure appropriate patient data is available and patients are appropriately assessed and documented upon, including identification of appropriate clinical research study options o Serve as patient advocate and multidisciplinary team member at these meetings
- Document throughout the patient care continuum as per the service line structure Drive process improvement o Make appropriate recommendations for changes to the current program, both locally and at a corporate level, and assist in delivering program improvement
- Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical professionals as well as to the corporate ‘customer’ community [optional by market] o Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key internal and external customers (including physicians, nurses, ancillary service staff, social services, business office, community partners etc.) o Educate each constituent on the the role and benefits of the navigation program and high quality women’s & NICU care o Recognize scope and limitations of role– discuss o Provide referrers with timely feedback on patient progress
- Stay current on the latest women’s services developments
- Ensure service continuity o Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure service continuity during both planned and unplanned absences and undertake succession planning
HCA/HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 11,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, our facilities work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. Beyond the new facilities and the workforce offerings, we also provided $7.7 million to local organizations to fund a variety of programs; and, as one of the top ten corporate philanthropists in the metro area, we at HealthONE contributed more than $1.5 million to charitable organizations in 2018 through cash and in-kind donations. * The Medical Center of Aurora: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma Center, 346 licensed beds * North Suburban Medical Center: Level III Trauma Center, 157 licensed beds * Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children: Level II Trauma Center, 680 licensed beds * Rose Medical Center: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma, 422 licensed beds * Sky Ridge Medical Center: Level II Trauma, 274 licensed beds * Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma, 408 licensed beds * Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital: 78 licensed beds * Behavioral Health and Wellness Center at the Medical Center of Aurora: 120 licensed beds If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Graduate of a certified School of Nursing.
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
Type of Experience - 1-3 years overall nursing experience
Type of Experience-
- Experience in program development
- Experience as a nurse navigator and/or patient educator in L&D, Mom/Baby and/or NICU
- Experience in leadership
- Experience in customer service
- 1-5 years L&D and/or NICU nursing experience
Appropriate education may be substituted for partial experience.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: *NICU Nurse Navigator *
Location: Colorado-Denver-HealthOne System Support
Requisition ID: 03174-106342