The Salvation Army Accounting Manager in Denver, Colorado
07001 DIVISIONAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER 11/21
Divisional Accounting Manager
Divisional HQ – Denver, CO
Scope of Position:
The Salvation Army is seeking a full-time, exempt Divisional Accounting Manager to supervise monthly General Journal entries to ensure each center is closed by the 12th business day.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all support functions to reconciling the general ledger for all Non-Denver Metro Units.
• Ensure the timely closing of the books of each entity each month.
• Inform the DFD of any discrepancies and/or unusual events.
• Responsible for reviewing the reconciliation of monthly payroll to UltiPro generated reports.
• Responsible for response to audit findings in connection with audits conducted by both independent outside auditors as well at The Salvation Army internal auditors.
• Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled to the General Ledger monthly by the 12th of the following month.
• Reconciliation of 50% of Service Extension bank accounts. Inputting Service Extension income to accounts not assigned to reconcile.
• Review of payroll before uploading and integration into Shelby accounting system
• Supervise that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled monthly. Prepare supporting work papers of details of these accounts that support month end closing balances.
• Reconciliation IM and THQ intercompany accounts
• Assist in new policies and procedure implementation and documentation.
• Assist in testing of new software implementation and documentation.
• Assist in audits of the Corps.
Education and Work Experience:
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related subject from an accredited college, CMA, CPA or CMA/CPA candidate and continuing professional education in Non-profit or Fund accounting. Suitable work experience and applied knowledge will be considered in lieu of credentials.
• Required: Five years computerized accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Professional understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and FASB Standards pertinent to The Salvation Army.
• Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and Accounting Software.
• The ability to operate 10-key touch and other standard office equipment in an efficient manner is necessary.
• The ability to address multiple projects in a time sensitive manner is essential.
• The ability to present oneself in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
• The ability to interact with Officers, management and co-workers in a positive manner
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)