AdventHealth Clinical Informatics Educator in Deland, Florida
- Develop, implement and conduct end-user training program and classes for Cerner applications and assist with implementation/ workflows of applications that interface with Cerner.
- Develop educational documentation to inform end-users of system changes and develop educational documentation to remind end-users of system functionality.
- Directs, teaches and guides providers and hospital personnel, serving as a resource person and role model to aid in their learning process in clinical information systems.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of educational materials provided.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures related to clinical information systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of all changes in system functionality.
- Update facility’s train domain as directed by AHS-IS.
- Work with all departments to ensure that policies/procedures and process workflows are consistent with clinical information system functionality where applicable.
- Work synergistically with all member of the Clinical Informatics team on various projects. Including cross coverage with the Informatics Specialist duties in assisting staff and providers as needed.
- Serve as Project Lead as appointed by the Clinical Informatics Manager.
- Consistently meet competency and knowledge requirements deemed necessary by hospital, leadership.
- Assists in the assessment and evaluation of new processes related to computer systems and clinical documentation.
- Serves as a liaison between users, nursing, data processing, and ancillary departments for computer problems.
- The Clinical Informatics Educator will be responsible for adhering to the AHS Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- All other duties as assigned within the scope of existing credentials
- Must have knowledge and experience with Hospital Information Systems (EHR) Cerner
- Strong computer skills including basic troubleshooting, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Strong clinical workflow knowledge and order entry skills within a CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) environment.
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to deliver quality educational instruction to all levels of staff in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal contexts
- Previous informatics experience in clinical information systems development and/or implementation preferred but not required.
- Knowing how departments relate to one another and process flows in between them preferred.
- Knowledge of how departments relate to one another and process flows in between them in the hospital and ambulatory setting preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates degree required in healthcare or informatics related fields
- Previous education experience preferred.
- Required minimal of three years healthcare experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- RN preferred, with at least three years of clinical experience in an acute care facility and have experience with computerized clinical documentation.
The Clinical Informatics Educator is responsible for the initial and ongoing end-user education, training and support of the clinical information systems of AdventHealth – East Florida Region. Implements training programs and the required corresponding training materials. Serves as an informatics resource to all departments; assisting with the development of process workflows, and policies and procedures as requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.