HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor, Food & Nutrition Services in Dallas, Texas
SUPERVISOR of PATIENT SERVICES - FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
(Work Schedule: Full Time, Mixed Shift with rotating weekends)
- Responsible for supervision of the City Gourmet Room Service Program and Call Center to ensure timely and efficient meal service to all patient service areas within 45 minutes or less.
- To respond to all customer & guest concerns in person at the time of the complaint and via e-mail for electronically received complaints.
- To utilize computer (Meditech, Computrition, Outlook, and Microsoft office software) and manual systems for completion of required reports, such as shift reports, inventory logs, attendance logs, etc.
- Monitor employee attendance for timeliness, accrual of incremental overtime utilizing KRONOS on a daily basis.
- To direct, monitor, and participate in the overall sanitation and safety of the department and employees in accordance with both company standards and regulatory agencies (TJC and Health Department).
- To prepare work schedules based on the FPC and revise as needed based on PLUS and the census.
- To assist in the completion of 90 day competencies, performance feedback & evaluations, and coaching/disciplinary counseling for all employees.
- To train and mentor new employees & dietetic interns in order to ensure consistent training of staff on policies, procedures, and equipment.
- To take appropriate corrective action as needed to address equipment repairs and adjust procedures as indicated.
- To demonstrate appropriate knowledge of special dietary restrictions and/or food handling techniques as indicated for various patient populations.
- Serves as a role model & advocate for AIDET, Patient Promise, and Medical City’s 6 Keys.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY DALLAS Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent required.
Requires at least 3 years of food service management experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant, hospital, hotel, or room service environment
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Registered Dietician with Commission on Dietetic Registration, Certified Dietary Manager, or Dietetic Technician, Registered (Required) within 1 year of hire date
- Registered Food Service Manager, City of Dallas certificate within 1st year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills that include written and verbal communication
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor, Food & Nutrition Services
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-107635