TEKsystems Sr Network Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Contract opportunity but 100% remote
Cisco/Meraki Route/Switch (OSPF/BGP/OSPF)
Level III/IIII Network Engineer to help with the design of virtual servers being moved from Dallas to New Orleans.
Windows Operating System
Headquartered in New Orleans, our client is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals in the East, West, and Gulf Coasts, as well as the Great Lakes region and Canada.
• 3-6+/8+ years of directly related experience in network /engineering/administration and analysis for networking technologies to include but not limited to with routers, switches, firewalls support across multiple vendors platforms in mid to large size company
• CCNA, CCNP or other Network/Security related certifications strongly preferred
• Experience with VOIP systems and associated voice hardware/software; Cisco Call Manager, CME routers
• Strong technical knowledge of concepts of Internet, VPN, Intranet/Extranets, LANs and WANs
• Strong experience with switched Ethernets, VLANs, layer three switching, and routing (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP), SNMP Network Management platforms / interoperability
• Understanding of traditional POTS Lines, PRI, and SIP technologies
• Experienced with SDWAN, MPLS, Wireless, DS3, T-1, and Ethernet
• Comprehensive knowledge of network packets including the ability to analyze and debug OSI layers 1‐7
• Technical experience of multi‐layer switches and routers
• Technical experience with firewalls and VPN technology, operationally and to troubleshoot; with preferred platforms: Palo Alto /Meraki/Cisco ASA
• Familiar with Palo Alto firewalls.
• Familiar with Meraki Security appliances: Switches, Firewalls, and Wireless solutions.
• Experience with administering and troubleshooting Wireless products and access points
• Proven ability working in high availability production environments
• Experience working with ticketing systems; ServiceNow preferred
Virtualization, Design, Servers, Back-up, Automation, Cloud, Windows server, Palo Alto, Meraki, VMWare, Active Directory, Group Policy, Server/Patch Management, Microsoft O365, VLANs
Top Skills Details:
Virtualization,Design,Servers,Back-up,Automation,Cloud,Windows server,Palo Alto,Meraki
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, with ability to multi-task.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, and be on call.
• Able and willing to travel
• Excellent time management skills
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.