CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Operations Specialist - Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Operations Specialist - Dallas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Operations Specialist - Dallas
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2243
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for an Operations Specialist to support the Chicago Passport Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity, and have the ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
An Operations Specialist’s anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enter information into various databases, including, but not limited to customer (i.e. UPS) addresses, accountable supplies.
• Load pallets and individual packages into FedEx, UPS, USPS or other transportation carrier vehicles.
• Receive all incoming shipments via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or other carriers.
• Offload/move heavy materials from the office utilizing either an electric or manual pallet jack.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe warehouse environment, free of debris or other obstacles.
• Perform a physical inventory of all GFE on a monthly basis and tracks the usage and allocation of items daily.
• Handle any incoming phone calls, emails or written correspondence.
• Assist in supply orders.
• Fulfill daily order requests.
• Palletize containers for pickup.
• Stock supplies for general use.
• Verify that customer address documentation matches UPS customer database before shipment.
• With guidance and approvals from the Government management, prepares procurement actions and documentation as ARIBA requests, GSA purchases, GSA Advantage, and other means.
• Perform data entry, printing, scanning, laminating, binding, faxing, mailing packing, sealing and taping envelopes and boxes after verifying that contents are correct as requested.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• HS diploma or GED
• Three (2) years of general office experience
• Two (2) years of warehouse experience, including;
• Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Ability to lift transport up to 1000 lbs. via air jack
• Ability to manually lift and transport up to 45 lbs.
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Capable of doing repetitive tasks such as lifting, bending, stooping, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, pushing carts, moving objects, twisting, sealing envelopes, unpacking/packing/taping/moving boxes, filing and reading
• Good data entry skills
• Good filing and file retrieval skills.
• Ability to work in one place and transverse the office/warehouse/storage areas on a continuing basis.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
• Sign an acknowledgement of the Passport Internal Control and the Standards of Conduct/ethics, no later than the first day of performance under the contract.
• Will strictly adhere to all internal controls and standards for protecting personally indefinable information (PII), as documented in the Privacy Act, ID manuals, stand operating procedures (SOPs), and other reference materials (both paper and electronic format).
• Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security including adherence to the restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use, and securing work at the end of the workday.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and a Secret clearance is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.