AT&T Appian Developer in Dallas, Texas
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
The Consumer Automation Product Team delivers innovative solutions to automate manual and repetitive tasks to deliver automated solutions that improves the experience of our customers and centers/back office agents.
About the Job
We are seeking an Appian Developer to join our Consumer Automation product team. In this role, you will be engaging with our stakeholders to develop software automation solutions on the Appian platform. Your primary responsibility will be to understand requirements, design, develop and implement applications on Appian’s low-code automation platform to improve AT&T’s customer and centers/back office agents processes. You must possess strong technical background in Appian Application development and work with product owners, stakeholders and delivery leads to support our Agile development from requirements gathering through implementation and support.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
What you’ll do:
• Define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s low-code platform.
• Lead requirements gathering discussions with stakeholders and Product Owners to understand their business processes and technical needs.
• Design and build relational data models in production.
• Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
• Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and functional as well as non-functional requirements
• Analyze, design, implement, integrate, and test multiple Appian applications using latest version of Appian
• Design conceptual workflows and related actions
• Experience with Appian 20.1 and above, Ability to write complex Appian SAIL expressions. Requires expertise other than just drag and drop.
• Ask questions and not assume anything on requirements gathering
• Continuously learning and building skill set
• Work on cross-functional teams; work in agile methodologies
• Provide demos and be comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Communicate progress effectively in stand-ups; work in planning sessions, and commit to sprints
• Basic understanding of object oriented programming
• Experience working with relational databases
• Experience with database design or data modeling
• SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
• Skilled at working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements
• Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
• Integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
• Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, and Management & Governance
• Appian certified
• 2-5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
• B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
• Experience with working in Agile teams.
• Gather requirements, designing and mapping the same to the Business processes
• Understands fundamental web development concepts
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and timely follow-through
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.