HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Navigator - Care Assure Program - Lakeview Regional Medical Center in Covington, Louisiana
We are looking for a_Care Assure Nurse Navigator_to join our team! Apply today!
The_Care Assure Nurse Navigator_is responsible for the programs and resources that support the navigation of high risk cardiology and primary prevention patients through complex healthcare environments for the optimization of care and outcomes.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- · Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data triggers to identify patients that could benefit from intervention.
- · Communicates with physicians (in the hospital and in the community) about patients' potential for referral / follow-up treatment.
- · Provides feedback to leadership in regards to target population in order to enhance care coordination and patient satisfaction.
- · Schedules follow-up appointments and provide information and reminders to patients & physician offices.
- · Tracks outcomes of referrals and treatments.
- · Maintains detailed records to measure effectiveness of program and suggest ways to improve throughout the process.
- · Works with physicians and program leadership on a daily basis
- · Engages providers and patients in a program that will improve outcomes and the efficiency of medical care.
- · Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates communications to referring, consulting, and primary care physicians.
- · Plan, organize and provide direct care to the patient, as appropriate, if called upon to do so.
- · Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching plan.
- · Reviews medications /educates patient as needed, initiate’s communication regarding dashboard triggers with care team.
- · Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities related to the target population and involving all levels of staff.
- · Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments.
- · Evaluate clinical educational need of staff related to target population and facilitates collaboration with clinical care givers.
- · Makes appropriate referrals as noted by the physician.
- · Coordinates information among referring, primary care and consulting physicians and ancillary departments.
- · Answers patient/family phone calls, fields’ questions appropriately.
Learn more about working at Tulane Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life: https://youtu.be/1hDLRtNDJPU?list=PLz4528ow729g_54UzWL1PWBd4O9wqOxaS _About Us_ From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
Education –Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Will consider ADN with a minimum of 10 years nursing experience. Masters preferred.
Experience– Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant specialty area experience (i.e. Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Neuro., Spine, Bariatrics) Knowledge and application of pertinent computer programs and imaging software (I.E. MUSE, PACS, etc.)
License/Certification– Current RN license
Job: *Case Management
Title: Nurse Navigator - Care Assure Program - Lakeview Regional Medical Center
Location: Louisiana-Covington-LRMC-Campus of Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09745-55246