TEKsystems Sr. Dev Ops Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
The Application SRE within a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure.
Application Support Analyst handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Application Support Analyst will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams. The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task and can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage.
The SRE will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model. Some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners.
• Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages
• Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives
• Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
• Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions, Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
• Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring
• Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
• Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients
• Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution
• Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.