Robert Half Controller in COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado
Robert Half is helping a renowned non-profit company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. This is a leadership role with responsibility over an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, your tasks will include planning and directing all accounting operational functions, managing the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assessing accounting and internal control systems, and guiding departmental staff. This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are looking for someone who motivates others through a positive professional attitude; exhibits integrity, reliability and leadership; and is able to provide exceptional client services by managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility. The Controller will be a permanent employment opportunity and will be located in the Colorado Springs, Colorado region. For immediate confidential consideration, please reach out to Sage Tomsky at (719) 249-5174 or by applying directly to this posting.
• Oversee the activities of the Finance Department, ensuring the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including internal monthly financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets
• Oversee the activities of the disbursement process, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, payroll, and related tax and other compliance matters
• Oversee the activities of the cash receipts process, ensuring the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components, billings, and cash receipts application
• Ensure periodic account reconciliations and financial close processes are completed timely
• Ensure the accurate and timely completion and filing of all corporate tax returns and other compliance matters
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all processes and data and enhance the organization's value
• Respond to Chief Financial Officer with accurate and timely work to facilitate the financial requirements of that role
• Provide strategic level financial insight to the organization through participation in leadership team meetings, and if necessary, senior leadership and board meetings
• Assist the Chief Financial Officer in global grant distribution and analyzing/implementing global transaction structures and multi-currency/currency translation control structures
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Advise on matters of fiscal procedure for the organization
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Provide financial analyses as needed
• Communicate with co-workers, management, members/customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
•Seven or more years of progressively responsible corporate accounting experience
• Five or more years of supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA certification preferred
• A strong understanding of financial systems, database management, electronic data interchanges, spreadsheets, and other information technology financial tools
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective leadership and time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Ability to listen and respond to counsel
• A spirit of humility, dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness to needs
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.