Kiewit Corporation Eastern - Sr Estimator - NY in Colliersville, New York
Requisition ID: 160599
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Eastern District
Employment Type: Full Time
This is a staff position reporting to the Lead Estimator. You will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for various projects throughout Kiewit's markets. Also able to make assumptions based on experience with detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
New York, NY
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Supervise estimators in the preparation of check estimates for other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigation and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
• Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• 7+ years' related experience
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway, heavy civil, and/or concrete structures
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $86,186 - $129,278
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.