Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Information Tech. Coordinator in Coldspring Harbor, New York
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Information Tech. Coordinator
The meetings and courses department at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking an Information Technology Coordinator to assist with various duties related to the IT needs during scientific workshops and seminars.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Collaborate with internationally based teaching faculty to coordinate their information technology needs pertaining to scientific courses.
- Coordinate, set up, maintain and break down computer hardware and software for multiple, concurrent short duration courses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, and networking issues quickly, sometimes working on multiple machines.
- Provide strategic decision-making regarding the IT needs for the course program.
Position RequirementsEducation: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT environment is required.
Experience: 4 years of experience with hardware and software installation and configuration in a fast-paced environment is required.
Skills: Must be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate the ability to make strategic decisions related to information technology.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and software (configuration/maintenance of FTP , HTTP , DHCP , etc.).
- Proficiency in Windows 10, Windows XP, and Macintosh OS X operating systems (hardware and software installation/configuration).
- General understanding of LINUX (installation of software binaries as well as compiling from source).
Physical: Must be comfortable walking up and down stairs, moving computer, lifting and carrying heavy items.
Please apply for the position via the CSHL careers website at:
Position Number 01251-A
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information about CSHL , please visit us at www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor