Robert Half Tax Analyst in CHICAGO, Illinois
Reporting to the Senior Tax Director, the Tax Analyst will support and ensure the accurate and timely reporting of accounting for income taxes and filing of COMPANY consolidated tax returns including U.S. Federal, State and Canada income, property, sales and use, and good and services tax (GST) returns. This position will ensure that compliance with transfer pricing tax law, regulations, and rules are completed on a timely and accurate basis. The Tax Analyst will assist and coordinate with internal and external resources to implement company tax saving strategies and provide direct and indirect tax support to business units. This position will tax department ensuring compliance with all related internal tax control and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. The ideal candidate should be able to work individually as well as on a team. They must be able to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and projects in a fast-paced environment with competing demands/priorities. General knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and compliance is needed to be successful in this role.
• Assist with the tax provision preparation, income tax compliance, and audit of the tax accounting, and the tax systems function including interaction with internal resources and external service providers for Federal, State, and Canada.
• Support fixed assets tax accounting and preparation of various tax computations such as 163j, 263A, FDII, BEAT, 481a, and R& D credits, etc.
• Assist with preparing the quarterly and annual income tax footnote and financial statement disclosures.
• Work with accounting and finance team to obtain tax prepared/provided by client (PBC) information and analyze the same for tax provision and return preparation.
• Assist with forecasting the effective tax rate of the Company and its subsidiaries to ensure accurate accounting for income taxes in interim periods.
• Assist with financial reporting of income taxes by monitoring and communicating emerging tax laws, legislation and rulings regulations. Research, analyze, and quantify any impact to company’s financial statements and maintain strong knowledge of the industry and the COMPANY business.
• Continually evaluate processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements of tax process and computations.
• Review and assist the accounting teams with transfer pricing for intercompany transactions as well as supporting global transfer pricing team with preparation of annual contemporaneous documentation.
• Assist finance/accounting teams with indirect tax inquiries related to sales/use tax, GST/HST, property taxes, and customs duty.
• Assist the tax function and finance team with Federal/State audit management as well as perform tax due diligence and reporting of merger and acquisitions.
• Support the tax audit relationships with taxing agencies for assigned tax jurisdictions and audit cycles.
• Identify, research, quantify, and effectively communicate tax audit status and strategies.
• Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
• Two (2) year of tax experience is required.
• Basic understanding and hands-on application of tax accounting under both GAAP and IFRS including effective tax rate, tax expense, deferred tax assets and liabilities with related disclosures.
Requirements Federal Tax, Multi-state Tax, Multi-state Tax Returns, Form 1120, IRS Form 1120F, Income Tax Compliance, Income Tax Audits, Tax Footnote
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.