Aerotek Welder in Chesapeake, Virginia
• Perform welding duties using MIG, TIG, Wire Welder, Spot Welder and/or oxy/acetylene torch.
• Clean and dress welds as required
• Set up and lay out work using material handling equipment or hand layouts to fabricate or rework finished products.
• Manual set up of hand held sanders, grinders, wire wheels or other finishing hand held tools.
• Welding I-Beam, Frame and Fuel Tanks in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
• Clamp, hold, tack weld, drill, mill, tap, cut and/or bolt together components to obtain required configuration and positions for complete welding process.
• Inspect products, equipment and tools for defect and malfunction.
• Create quality welds according to blue prints/specifications.
• Inspect all welds and re-work as necessary.
• Change wire and gas on weld machine as necessary.
• Ensure equipment properly set up and used in a safe manner during welding process.
• Maintain welding equipment and machines, inspect regularly and request maintenance as needed.
• Assist/participate in fuel tank pressure testing as required and rework as necessary.
• Perform work to timely standard and quality expectations.
• Account for time and work completed through means of weekly timesheets.
• Report and document basic material, production, quality or safety issues to direct supervisor or management.
• Flexible and responsive with strong team work orientation
• Willingness to cross-train and perform other job tasks in addition to primary assigned position
• Knowledge in use of basic hand tools
• Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
• Safety conscious behavior
• Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
welding, MIG, welder MiG, GMAW, Blueprint, Blueprint reading, fabrication, MiG welding
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-3 years experience
• Skill in the use and care of equipment and tools
• Basic mathematical skills and knowledge in use of measurement tools
• High School or Equivalent
• MIG Welding Certification Preferred
• TIG Welding Certification a plus
• Vocational/Prior Welding Education a Plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.