Lockheed Martin Production Operations Sr Manager/Site Deputy in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Description: Chelmsford Operations is a multi-shift microwave system facility, which includes responsibility for design, development, and manufacturing. Chelmsford's technical specialty is the design and manufacture of low noise ultra-stable frequency sources and synthesizers for state of art Radar, EW, and Communications applications.
Chelmsford Operations is seeking a Production Support Manager and Deputy to the Site Director/General Manager. Responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Production Support Department. Department includes Manufacturing Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Facilities, ESH, Production Planning & Control, Digital Transformation, Lean six-sigma black belts, Equipment Technicians, and SAP Planners. Provide support to Integrated Product Development teams to ensure that new designs are producible, testable and sustainable. Define and manage continuous process improvement activities associated with all aspects of the department. Ensure process standardization across all programs within the facility and in conjunction with this ensure that labor and time standards are created and updated as required. Work with Program Management to identify capital equipment needs for all programs. Create, justify, and manage the capital equipment budget for Production Operations. Responsible for department Cost Account Management and proposal development for future programs. Oversee the implementation and use of Statistical Process Control as it relates to production manufacturing processes. Oversee all required training of department personnel and operators in order to support production manufacturing. Align department goals and activities with sector and corporate goals on a yearly basis.
As Deputy to the Site Director/General Manager, the successful candidate will have additional responsibility for overseeing all functions and program responsibilities in the Site Director’s absence to include: Manufacturing Engineering, PP&C, Industrial Engineering, Facilities & ESH and Program Management. In addition, the Site Deputy will be responsible for fostering teamwork across the site to ensure quality and achieve business goals on production programs as well as development activities.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30
minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is
about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville
Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire
and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It
should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is
approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston
metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide
range of substantially more affordable regions in the
area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and
North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New
- Candidate must be able to obtain a secret clearance and must have at least an interim secret to start.
- Technical degree in a related field
- Production and Development Program Experience
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Proposal Experience
- Previous CAM and or Budget Responsibility
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and successfully implementing organizational strategy / vision
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and make timely business decisions
- Experience building effective teams committed to program and organizational goals
- Demonstrated understanding of financial impacts of decisions
- Demonstrated champion of diversity and inclusion
- Understanding and experience with production functions to include manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, production control, facilities, manufacturing, final assembly, integration and test
- Successful track record for building, and maintaining, strong internal and external customer relationships
- Experience Working on Department of Defense Contracts
- Experience working in Electronics Manufacturing
- Experience working with RF/Microwave Manufacturing
- Knowledge / experience with MFC systems, processes, and personnel
- SAP knowledge
- Experience integrating and streamlining organizations
- Transition experience from development to production and production rate increases
- Familiarity with the design and manufacture of low
noise ultra-stable frequency sources and synthesizers
for state of the art Radar, EW and Communications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.