UNC Health Care Administrative Associate in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary:May perform duties of an administrative representative but with greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities: 1. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated. May maintain inventory of supply
May train others using verbal and written communication
Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff, facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on predetermined needs.
Prepares and maintains basic financial records
Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software. Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting patient payments and insurance information and making proper referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous balance owed to UNCH.
Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication. This may include working with third party providers.
Other information: Education Requirements:
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of experience is required
● If Associate's degree, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Phone Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process. Learn further E-Verify details in English or Spanish.
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right to Work Statement in English or Spanish.