Lockheed Martin Technical Writer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Fleet Ballistic Missile Program (FBM) is seeking a Technical Writer to join our mission in Cape Canaveral, FL! As a Technical Writer, you will play a key role in producing and maintaining technical documentation for Lockheed Martin. These documents can include work instructions, standard operating procedures as well as maintenance procedures for electronic and mechanical support equipment, ensuring that they comply with technical specifications and fit the user’s needs. The documents detail processes and products involved in performing specific maintenance or military tasks. Technical Writers are the cornerstone between mechanical, electrical, industrial, and systems engineers and those field personnel, operations, safety, logistics, and mechanics using our documentation.
As a Technical Writer, you will use problem solving skills to assess dynamic operational and technical changes for Technical Manuals that include Ordnance Pamphlets (OP), Ordnance Documents (OD), and Standard Maintenance Procedures as well as assembly processing documentation such as electronic Work Instructions (WI) and Work Elements (WE).
Summary of key responsibilities for this position:
• You will problem solve and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems while following and maintaining requirements.
• You must be a self-starter and be able to work under general guidance. Work completion will be reviewed for soundness of technical judgement and overall accuracy.
• You must be a good facilitator and have good inter-personnel skills to work with a diverse team of US Navy personnel, engineers, technicians, and fellow manufacturing engineers to reconcile organizational needs within documentation.
• You will ensure proposed and approved changes are captured in all related technical documents.
• You will perform technical review of documentation against source data.
• You will provide procedural support for SWS facility documentation proofing and activation.
• You will reconcile procedures with electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, resolve discrepancies with cognizant individuals and groups.
• You must review and verify documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
• Experience with written communications (e.g. technical writing, or curriculum writing, etc.)
• Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with PDF editing tools
• Must be a US citizen, will be subject to a government security investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for a security clearance
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Experience with technical writing (i.e., technical manuals or work instructions)
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Attention to detail
• Open to learn and follow established directions and requirements
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Strategic Weapons Facility (SWF) experience
• Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Electrical test/support equipment knowledge and background
• Experience with No Magic Cameo Systems Modeler
• Experience with interactive work instructions and electronic technical manual (IETMs)
• Knowledge of XML and basic structured markup languages
• Ability to review drawings to assess compliance with requirements
• Ability to understand test requirements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.