Air National Guard Units POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC in Camp Beauregard, Louisiana
**THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is located in an Air National Guard (ANG) Aviation Wing, Air Traffic Control (ATC) Squadron, Communications Electronic Systems Maintenance Function.
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:**
Area 1 = Enlisted (E-7 and below) members of the Louisiana National Guard.
Area 2 = Applicants who are eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Louisiana National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
**Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, operates, overhauls, tests and modifies powered ground support equipment, such as engine driven generator sets, heaters, ventilation, air compressing, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment for all special purpose tactical environmental control units, most of which have highly sophisticated and complex electronic, electrical and/or pneumatic control circuits.
(2) Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment. This includes working on engines and generators such as removing, repairing, and overhauling of accessories. Replaces, checks, and adjusts valves, bearings, cams, clutches, bushings, springs, armatures, pushrods, exhaust manifolds, tubing, hose and defective wiring. Diagnoses malfunctions, using visual and auditory senses, test equipment and applicable technical publications; makes repairs, removes, disassembles and assembles components and sub-systems including fuel injection systems, main alternator and related power generation components.
(3) Maintains and operates special purpose power generating equipment and systems to provide electrical power for the deployable Air Traffic Control weapons system. Monitors and controls power generating equipment remotely via computer synchronization.
(4) Maintains and operates special purpose air conditioning units and systems to provide specific and critical temperature control in deployable sensor, communications and data processing facilities.
(5) Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies multi-fuel tactical heating units.
(6) Maintains and provides for bench stock, petroleum, oil and lubricant (POL), automated maintenance and mobility products, Test, Measurement, & Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), hazardous waste, contaminated waste control, and safety procedures. Maintains historical and training records and performs administrative duties for technical orders (TO) and files.
(7) Generates configuration documentation (e.g. diagrams and electrical load requirements) for deployed powered ground support and HVAC configurations. Plans and fabricates electrical power distribution equipment including circuit protection and sizing, power and lightning grounding schemes, cables and connectors to interface with military and commercial power systems and sub-systems.
(8) Perform other duties as assigned.**
- #### Job family (Series)
5378 Powered Support Systems Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
**1) National Guard Membership is required.
2) Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
3) Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
4) May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
5)**Must be or willing to become a member of the Louisiana National Guard.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee must be able to secure an Army Guard position within six (6) months of placement; and must also be in a compatible military assignment (MOS/AFSC) prior to or within one year of placement.
**Military Grades: ENLISTED (E-7 and below)
Compatible Military Assignments:**
- ENL = AFSC: 2A3X3, 2A6X2, 3E090, 3E0X1, 3E0X2;
**SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
*LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS - Acceptance of this position may result in the loss of contracted incentive(s). For further details, contact the LANG State Incentive Manager, at (504) 278-8116 (ARMY) 391-8336 (AIR FORCE). *
NOTICE: THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRED ALL EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL PERSONS HIRED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.**
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of mechanical maintenance work; ability to read and use technical manuals, illustrations, diagrams and schematics, and skill in the use of equipment and hand tools used in troubleshooting, testing and repairing equipment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least Eighteen (18) months of experience or training removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts, components, and accessories. Experience which provided working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to powered support equipment and systems; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience which provided working knowledge of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
You must provide transcripts and/or other documentation as proof to support your Educational claims, and receive credit to meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading) and Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
Application Packet (Click Link To Download) and submit other supporting documents.
Security Clearance Form (Please complete this form and submit if you do not have at least a "SECRET" security clearance.)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume, application packet, and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
LANG HRO INBOX
LA ANG 122ND AIR SUPPORT OPERATIONS SQUADRON 556 NINTH STREET PINEVILLE, LA 71360 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516172200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 11/06/2018 to 11/26/2018
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Salary: $29.12 to $33.97 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time