VCA Animal Hospitals Experienced Veterinary Assistant in Cambridge, Maryland
Join the VCA Choptank Animal Hospital Team!
VCA Choptank Animal Hospital in Cambridge, MD is seeking an Experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our one-of-a-kind 1 doctor GP practice!
VCA Choptank Animal Hospital is a one doctor general practice clinic that sees small animals and exotics on a routine and urgent basis. We are looking to grow our team! We are located within 45 minutes of the Delaware/Maryland Beaches which hosts many outdoor recreational opportunities .For those who enjoy the city and all that is has to offer we are within 2 hours of Philadelphia/ DC.. Our facility is conveniently located at 430 Dorchester Avenue, Cambridge, MD 21613.
Why Join the VCA Choptank Family?
We are passionate about supporting our veterinary assistants and technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. At VCA Animal Hospitals, we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the benefits we offer:
· Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
· Growth & leadership opportunities
· Career development programs
· Veterinary Technology degree tuition support and scholarships
· Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
· Medical, dental & vision insurance
· Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
· Employer-paid life, long- and short-term disability insurance
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Paid parental leave
· Free mental health resources and wellness subscriptions (Headspace)
· Referral bonuses
· Competitive wage
· Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
· Full-time and Part-time positions available
Why We Want You
As a member of the VCA team, you will help create and maintain a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so we can provide exceptional care to every patient.
Whether you are a seasoned Veterinary Assistant or a Technician in training, we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that will be utilized include, but are not limited to:
· Compassionate patient care
· Client education and care
· Pharmacy and medication administration
· Lab sample collection and processing
· Diagnostic imaging
· Surgical preparation and assisting
· Anesthesia monitoring
· Medical recordkeeping
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now- We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com