Eaton Corporation Specification Manager in Calgary, Alberta
Eaton’s ElectricalCBO is currently seeking a Specification Manager to join our team. This position is based at our location at Calgary, Alberta. This role has the flexibility for remote work.
Reporting directly to the RVP, Western Canada - Global Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas business, this role will develop and implement the territory’s growth strategy through EPC relationships, with a focus on product specification. The Specification Manager will be accountable to lead, direct and develop a team of sales representatives, that will have the responsibility of achieving the established sales and margin goals, while managing the specification position in the market.
In this function you will:
• Develops the territory strategy, in alignment with the overall region and business strategy.
• Executes and communicates a compelling strategic value proposition through engineering procurement firms.
• Plans and directs the efforts of the territory sales teams in securing sales volume through specifying activities.
• Gathers and leverages the voice of customer to recommend new or modified programs to ensure a competitive position is maintained within the market.
• Utilizes negotiation skills to influence and resolve complex problems and influence all stakeholders to drive results.
• Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and holds accountable by providing timely coaching and feedback.
• Promotes and emulates a culture that reflects our Eaton Leadership Attributes & Values which includes high performance, inclusion and diversity, continuous improvement, and excellence in quality of work.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical industry sales
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Advanced degree preferred (MBA)
• Entrepreneurial leader with proven track record of leading and developing teams through various aspects of the business cycle (growth, downturn)
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to establish and maintain relationships
• Superior organizational agility skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports, peers, and customers internal/external to the organization.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
• Healthcare/retirement savings programs
• Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
• Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
• Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
• Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
“Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html”
Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : https://www.eaton.com/ca/fr-ca/company/policies-and-statements/accessibilite.html (Une version française des informations vous sera fourni sur demande)
What you will get from usEaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Remote
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.