Aston Carter Environmental Accounting Consultant in Calgary, Alberta
Aston Carter's largest Agricultural client is looking to add an Environmental Accounting Consultant to their team.
Reporting to the Sr. Environmental Management Manager – Environmental Footprint, this position is responsible for the collection, consolidation, quantification and provision of climate related environmental data and information for the global footprint to support the timely delivery of external reports and disclosures through multiple platforms. This includes leading the external audit assurance process for Scope 1 and 2 emissions. This role will also support the disclosure of non-climate related environmental data and develop responses to external requests for information. This role will support the development and transition to a new environmental data management platform.
• Collect, consolidate, quantify and validate global emissions and energy data
• Lead external audit assurance process to achieve limited assurance on Scope 1 & 2 emissions
• Calculate environmental footprint metrics, and develop information and commentary for inclusion in external reports (e.g. Annual Report, and ESG report), and for external frameworks and rating agencies (e.g. CDP, S&P)
• Support/develop responses to internal and external ESG information requests
• Trouble shoot and support site/facility provision of environmental data
• Proficiency with environmental data management systems (SAP EC/EM preferred)
• Microsoft suite, including advanced Excel skills (with basic understanding of VBA)
• Ability to understand/interpret reporting needs to identify data requirements, develop/work through complex calculations, and be able to successfully communicate this to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills (at different levels – both internal / external)
• Knowledge of industrial chemical manufacturing processes (Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potash)
• Understanding of, and ability to follow/interpret technical diagrams (P&ID, PFD)
• Ability to conduct product Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and mass balances
• Knowledge of ESG accounting, reporting frameworks and regulations (e.g. SASB, TCFD, ISSB, IFRS, CSA, SEC, CDP, S&P)
• Excellent time management and prioritization to meet tight deadlines
• University degree in science, engineering, and/or accounting
• 10 years of experience
À propos d'Aston Carter:
Aston Carter, une division d'Aerotek, est un fournisseur d'envergure mondiale de services de recrutement et de dotation de personnel pour les sociétés à la recherche de professionnels du milieu des affaires hautement spécialisés. Aerotek est une société en exploitation d'Allegis Group, un fournisseur multinational de solutions en matière de talent. Aston Carter s'engage fermement à offrir un service de premier ordre aux clients et aux professionnels du milieu des affaires dans un vaste éventail de disciplines, notamment la comptabilité, la finance, la gouvernance ainsi que la gestion du risque et de la conformité. Avec plus de 60 bureaux en Europe, Asie et Amérique du Nord, Aston Carter offre une expertise locale, régionale et mondiale pour répondre aux besoins uniques de ses clients. Reconnu "best of staffing" par nos clients et le talent que nous recrutons, Aston Carter s'engage à livrer un service hors pair a tous nos partenaires d'affaire.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.