Catholic Charities Senior Mental Health Therapist in Buffalo, New York
Buffalo. Catholic Charities. SENIOR MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST. FT. Benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing clinical supervision and support to mental health clinical staff. Acts as site supervisor in the absence of the clinic supervisor. Is also directly responsible for the assessment and treatment of an assigned caseload of children and/or adults with psychiatric disorders.
ESSENTIAL SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS:
* Assist with orienting and training new therapists
* Provide clinical guidance, consultation, and direction to members of the treatment team.
* Utilize individual and group clinical supervision sessions to improve the staff's clinical skills and expertise
* Provide guidance to clinical staff in the completion of comprehensive mental health assessments and diagnosis
* Review client records to assure compliance with New York State regulations and third party billing standards
* Review records for appropriateness of treatment and continuing medical necessity
* Train and supervise outreach staff in home and community safety strategies and procedures
* Assist clinical staff with crisis situations and critical/high-risk case concerns
* Provide guidance to staff to assure compliance with confidentiality laws and regulations
* Monitor client discharges to assure appropriate referrals, communication and documentation are completed
* Act as site supervisor in the clinic supervisor's absence
* Other duties as assigned by the clinic supervisor or department director.
ESSENTIAL DIRECT SERVICE FUNCTIONS:
* Orient new clients to treatment expectations and course of treatment at Monsignor Carr Institute (MCI)
* Complete thorough initial assessment with client to determine appropriateness for admission. Make appropriate referral if client does not meet admission criteria
* Complete required electronic and paper admission documentation and admit clients to program as per policy and regulations
* Complete initial and ongoing treatment plans within required time frames that include the current needs, strengths, safety, and corresponding plan of care for client
* Provide therapeutic individual/group/family therapy as prescribed in the client's course of treatment and treatment plan
* Utilize effective manner and therapeutic style demonstrating caring and empathy toward clients
* Make active attempts to re-engage clients who withdraw from treatment when clinically appropriate;
* Produce accurate, timely and professional progress notes after each session or interaction reflecting client's status, progress, and treatment plan goals
* Complete case record self-audits on client's chart
* Communicate with the client's family, designated collaterals and service providers
* Conduct home visits when clinically appropriate, as per NYSOMH regulations
* Observe client confidentiality laws and regulations and assure release of information forms have been properly initiated, signed and updated
* Complete outpatient treatment review (OTR) forms and paperwork to enable third party reimbursement in prompt, professional, and efficient manner
* Discharge clients per MCI policy and procedure. Promptly complete discharge summaries; send a copy to appropriate referral sources
* Participate in required staff meetings and training. Attend educational training to keep skills current and maintain credentials.
* Consistently meet MCI standard for clinical productivity
EDUCATION: Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) with New York State license LCSW, LCSW-R
Specify Special Requirements:
Demonstrated record of excellence in providing direct mental health treatment in a licensed clinic setting.
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years professional mental health clinical experience, including 2 years clinical supervision to students and/or professional clinical staff
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to:
741 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209