Warner Media LLC Technical Support Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
HBO Europe is looking for an experienced partner to join its D2C and OTT Technical
Operation team in the Budapest head office working with the team to provide managed
support for all products and services, across wider Europe. This includes 11 Central Europe
countries, the 4 Nordic countries, Spain and Portugal. The role provides great variety and
challenge given the complex architecture of the streaming services, and the management
large number of third-party partners.
Areas of Responsibility
As the Technical Support Analyst – D2C & OTT Operations, you will be working with the
team to ensure the effective operation and delivery of all D2C and OTT products services
across HBO Europe. You will work closely with all areas of the business.
Duties will include a broad range of tasks relating to the success of the customer lifecycle.
Key areas of responsibility include monitoring services, support for the level 1 customer
care team, support for the affiliate and partner channels, identification of real time
production issues, escalation and where necessary, the co-ordination of the resolution of
these issues. You will also assist with the critical communication and reporting to key
This role is very solution oriented. It is critical you are a self-starter and able to work
independently, whilst building and maintaining critical stakeholder relationships in a
complex matrixed environment. Successful candidates must have strong technical
aptitude, ideally will have some customer-facing experience, and be able to communicate
clearly and effectively. The ideal candidate should love helping people, solving problems,
maximizing value and working to ensure our customers have the best possible experience
of our products and services.
Areas of Accountability
You will work with the Technical Support Manager - D2C & OTT Operations to deliver the
Continuous monitoring of all elements of the service delivery to identify any
variance in the delivery or quality of services.
Ensure issues are captured, assessed and escalated to the correct stakeholders for
triaging and resolution, according to the categorization and prioritization matrix.
Ensure there are clear communication channels across all stakeholders to allow
visibility and tracking of issues, and the resolution of issues within the agreed SLA’s.
Work closely with all relevant areas of the business and stakeholders, including
customer care, B2B affiliate partners, product, marketing and the engineering
Provide input, as products and features evolve, to the maintenance of technical
documents, and training materials for the customer care and monitoring teams, as
well as B2B Affiliate partners’ support teams.
Ensure all customer anonymization, deletion and data requests are processed within
the reporting guidelines and framework.
● 1-2 years’ experience within a technical support role at a senior analyst level within
an OTT business
● Excellent analytical skills with the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain results,
provide solutions for a broad range of technical problems
● Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex technical concepts clearly
● General understanding of the technical details of complex systems (hardware &
● Experience in working with ticketing / issue tracker systems (e.g. JIRA, Mantis)
● Demonstrate a strong customer advocacy work ethic
● Experience of working with a wide-ranging group of stakeholders
● Willing to work in shifts (AM: 0800-1630, PM: 1430-2300, Weekend/Bank holiday:
1100-2300 (every third weekend).
● Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
● BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
● Knowledge in technical infrastructure of on demand service (origin servers, IP
● Strong understanding of software development and software testing principals and
● Understanding of content distribution, complex networks, and content preparation
● Knowledge of customer success processes
● Highly organized and able to multi-task
● Self-driven and proactive nature
Centrally located office
Access to wide range of streaming capable devices
Working across multiple European countries
Relaxed dress code
And of course, HBO GO subscription
Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
Access to in-house learning and development resources
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.