GardaWorld Cash Services YBR Pre-Board Screening Officer - BrandonYBR Pre-Board Screening Officer - Brandon in Brandon, Manitoba
Brandon, MB, CA
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Our officers undergo rigorous specialized training up to 180 hours, both in class and on-the-job in order to acquire CATSA Screening Officer certification so it is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses. We are seeking eager candidates with great communication skills and customer service experience that are comfortable working in the airport's high-tech, fast paced environment.
We are currently recruiting Pre-Board Screening Officers for the Brandon Airport, on a Part-Time basis with opportunities for Full-Time once training is completed.
As a screening officer, you are responsible to ensure the security of passengers and non-passengers processed at Pre-Board Screening Checkpoints. Security experience or license NOT required!
- You are responsible for screening passengers, non-passengers and their baggage using screening equipment
- You are an ambassador for customer service and interact with passengers and stakeholders alike in a professional manner
- To ensure that the screening of passengers is completed efficiently and pleasantly
- You assist in maintaining the flow of passengers to influence efficiency
- You follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures at all times
- You report all incidents using established communication channels
- Hourly salary: $19.64 - $20.87
- Excellent benefits
- Paid training at $17.29/hr
- Uniform is provided
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Over 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of customer service experience
- Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time and lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and other heavy items (up to 22kg).
- Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, excellent customer service and people skills
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and multi-task under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English, spoken and written. Fluency in French is an asset.
- Alert and detail-oriented
*Our officers must be able to obtain a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) and a valid medical from CATSA, in addition to successfully completing the extensive training program.
The hiring process can take between 3 to 6 months to complete. For candidates who hold a valid Transportation Security Clearance or previously held a valid Transportation Security Clearance in the last 24 months , this process may be accelerated.
GardaWorld is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with selected candidates. You can apply only once within a 6-month period.
GardaWorld: Business solutions and security services for a complex world
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Business Unit: Aviation Services
Career Area: Airport Security Screening
Location: Brandon, MB, CA
Job Segement: Branding, Marketing