Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator Stf in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
The SBIRS team within Lockheed Martin SSC’s Mission Solutions business area is looking for System Administrators. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Support program development projects – design, develop, implement. May include support to proposal activities
• Participate in the implementation, maintenance, and support of information technologies
• Schedule and perform installations and upgrades to OS/COTs, software, and database packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Coordinate the overall integration on new development systems as they transition to sustainment
• Manage appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion
• Perform daily systems administration and help desk tasks in Unix, Solaris, and Linux environments, to include monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting physical and virtual systems
• Apply cybersecurity standard methodologies to ensure high compliance status is met
• Perform testing and DR verification after software installs are complete
• Solve any issues related to these software installs
• Maintain and develop documentation as necessary
• Perform periodic COTS assessments to determine continued compliance, usage, and needs
• Fix any issues and provide support across the Information System
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
Active Secret Clearance
Experience in Systems Administration.
Redhat Enterprise Linux installation, configuration, and administration experience.
Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication skills.
Experience in provisioning tools.
Security+ or equivalent certification
LDAP experience preferred
Proficient in VMWare or other virtualization platform experience
Familiarity with cybersecurity practices (virus protection, applying vendor critical patches, system accreditation, STIGing, etc.)
General understanding of GIT, Jenkins, ClearQuest and/or ClearCase (any or all)
Experience with Database installations or configurations LDAP (or similar) administration experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.