Lockheed Martin System Integration & Test Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a Integration and Verification/Test Engineer?
This position is in support of the Geosynchronous Non-Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment Operations Migration to Enterprise Ground Services [GNOME] program, which is responsible for evolving current and future OPIR ground architecture to a Government owned suite of common frameworks and technologies. This program will lay the foundation for the future Next Gen OPIR GEO system and transition of the legacy Space Based Infrared Systems to the new FORGE ground architecture in support of OPIR missile warning / missile defense / battlespace awareness / technical intelligence for the U.S. Govt.
The qualified candidate should have a background in systems integration and verification. The candidate will work on an agile scrum team aimed at integrating the full GNOME Command & Control element of hardware and software, consisting of a wide array of sub-systems including satellite command and control, satellite & payload sensor mission management, system configuration and status, and data relay. The candidate will also help integrate across elements via external interfaces and support Space to Ground system level test capstone events utilizing SBIRS legacy relay ground station antennas and ground processing equipment.
The position will be responsible for the following:
• Developing test approaches, test objectives, and test procedures for GNOME system arch/requirements
• Executing sub-system and element level integration activities for LM deliverables in contractor lab environments for each incremental LM product delivery
• Performing requirements verification and system validation testing for each incremental LM product delivery
• Performing analysis of test results and preparing reports which verify and validate system performance
• Writing discrepancy reports and performing regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes
• Executing sub-system, element, segment, and system level I&V activities in Govt labs and at Govt operational sites, in collaboration with Govt mission partners, in order to integrate, verify, and validate the full GNOME architecture ahead of Space to Ground live asset testing
• Working closely with the Govt on resolution of system issues
• Supporting system level testing (i.e., Space to Ground)
• Performing regression testing of previously delivered and/or verified capabilities
Travel along the Front Range of Colorado will be required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
-Experience developing clear, concise test procedures
-Familiarity with Python and C++
-Self-driven, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
- Understanding of I&V Life Cycle
- DOORs and/or CAMEO experience
-Within C++, a basic understanding of Boost and Qt.
-Automated unit testing experience
-Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, or working in a DevOps environment
-Experience with satellite ground systems
-Experience writing/delivering on software requirements for complex systems
-Experience working in a Linux environment
-Ability to generate code for and execute automated testing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.