Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Product Owner in Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Product Owner (PO) will review documentation and provide feedback on quality and accuracy related to the product portfolio and is responsible for consulting with CCA’s business units and the Information Technology (IT) Services Department to identify and define business needs that require technology solutions to achieve business outcomes. The Senior PO ensures that projects and other enhancements align with the technology that provides best practice and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
The Senior PO is business consultant and a representative of business interests to IT to identify new technology opportunities to attain operational efficiencies and growth opportunities. The Senior PO will lead a portfolio of projects and enhancements, and build a matrix team of cross-functional experts to deliver designated solutions. Also, enhance the quality of related documentation to build up the quality of the product portfolio.
Manage multiple projects that increase in complexity within a business portfolio that have inter-dependencies with projects across other business units.
Maintain relationships with IT, business units and vendors to identify potential opportunities (projects, programs, other enhancements) to improve business operations, and deliver business outcomes against their respect business portfolio.
Consult with business unit’s and review IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects to identify, forecast and develop IT needs impacting their portfolio.
Establish subject matter expertise in healthcare business functions and operations to develop business requirements, functional requirements, and test plans
Coordinate the delivery of IT solutions using established project management methodology. Present alternate strategies, new products, and service offerings to improve business efficiencies through technology.
Manage development of the business case packet. Analyze and report operational and financial impacts of vendors, products and services.
Prepare and submit operational budget and cost estimates related to their portfolio for proposed projects to senior management.
Provide research and direction in utilizing an established project management methodology. Present alternative strategies, new products and service offerings to reduce negative impacts to projects.
Serve as liaison for the Information Technology (IT) department and all other departments and management to identify, forecast and address IT needs impacting their portfolio.
Establish and maintain business process documentation, compliance and security requirements, and regulatory goals on an ongoing basis and across all programs and projects.
IT project deliverables and milestones including;
Business and functional requirements associated with test cases, and business processes.
Cross-Functional impact analysis of projects and programs
Coordinate project delivery plan across all IT units
Maintain meeting minutes, risk and issues logs, and action items
Maintain delivery status in the required systems
Reports on usage and metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Masters's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare, Data Science, Business Administration
Minimum Years’ Experience Required
5+ years’ experience that has served in multiple roles such as business analyst, programmer, process analyst, project manager, and/or business consultant.
Experience with product development tools (JIRA, Confluence, VersionOne, etc)
Experience with project management and Business Process tools (Microsoft Project, BPM platforms, etc)
Experience with collaboration tools (MS Teams, Slack, etc)
Experience that solidified the candidate’s strategic business, clinical and/or financial acumen and ability to contextualize work priorities
Experience with budgeting and estimation of product backlogs
Agile & Scrum experience
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers. Excellent communication skills required.
Decision Making/ Judgment
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Managing for Results
- Sets challenging and productive goals for team, keeps team accountable for actions, provides leadership and motivation, provides resources and support, uses checkpoints and data to track progress, sets up systems and processes to measure results. Ability to manage program-level portfolio workloads (multi-project scope).
- Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful, provides guidance and assistance to improve performance.
- Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
- Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
Strategic Thinking/ Management
- Creates and communicates a long-term vision, balances short and long term goals, keeps own and team's work aligned with overall goals, understands the market and can predict change, understands the industry and the competition, creates and adjusts strategic plans.
Does this sound like you? If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply today.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
Medical, dental and vision plans with low employee contributions
A generous paid time off program
403(b) with company match
Loan Forgiveness Program
Thank you for taking the time to learn about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
External Company Name: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.commonwealthcarealliance.org/
Actual Work Location: Lafayette City Center, Boston, MA