Idaho Division of Human Resources LEGISLATIVE RESEARCH ASSISTANT in Boise, Idaho
LEGISLATIVE RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Posting Begin Date: 2023/11/20
Posting End Date: 2023/12/01
Sub Category: Research
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Boise, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 19.23
Maximum Salary: 24.04
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Legislative Services Office
Legislative Research Assistant
Position Description:Provide legal and non-legal research and information services under the supervision of the Legislative Librarian.
• Provide timely and confidential legal and legislative history research and analysis for members of the Idaho Legislature and legislative staff
• Research services for legislators include: statutes, constitutions, administrative rules, policies, guidelines, executive orders, and house and senate rules; city and county ordinances; 50-state surveys; and legislative histories
• Assist librarian with legislative history research services for government offices and agencies, judges/justices, attorneys, law clerks, lobbyists, reporters, and members of the public
• Staff reference desk and instruct patrons on legislative history research
• Assist the librarian with indexing committee minutes and legislator research
• Assist the public with general inquiries about the Legislature and the law
• Organization, filing, and upkeep
Minimum Qualifications: Positive, upbeat attitude and the desire to help is important as this position requires interaction with the public and public officials; excellent attention to detail; excellent communication skills; solid knowledge of English usage and grammar; good organizational skills; good Internet searching skills with understanding of authoritative resources. Must be non-political and discreet in this nonpartisan office serving legislators of all political affiliations. Other desirable qualities include familiarity with government documents; legal terminology; the political process; library organization, terminology, functions, and service ethic; indexing experience; good instructional skills
ABOUT LEGISLATIVE SERVICES OFFICE:• Flexible schedules • Career long learning opportunities • Service-First culture • Opportunity to play an integral role in the governmental process.
Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM MST on the posting end date.
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance; PERSI retirement benefits; paid sick, vacation, and parental leave; and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email[email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.