Billings Clinic Gastroenterology Assistant in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
GASTROENTEROLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Schedule: M-F 8-5
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 15.00 - 17.64
Under general supervision, provides clerical and secretarial support necessary for smooth, effective, and efficient operation of the Gastroenterology Department at Billings Clinic. Responsible for ensuring a seamless process of direct access scheduling of patients between Gastroenterology and Endoscopy lab.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Receives and assists visitors and telephone callers, screens and prioritizes calls, assists visitors or caller whenever possible or directs to the appropriate individual or department as needed.
• Accurately inputs patient data into the computer systems. Maintains the patient database for all GI patients requiring an endoscopy procedure(s).
• Maintains the GI patient files ensuring compliance with established accreditation standards. Ensures the quality of care to all GI patients by assisting in obtaining pertinent medical records on patients being referred to GI department including in clinic patients and referrals from our region.
• Receives and reviews all patient referrals for appropriateness. Reviews patient information to ensure adherence to procedure scheduling protocols and screening criteria (i.e., screening procedures verses medically necessary diagnostic procedures, age of patient, insurance requirements for allowable exams, etc.).
• Coordinates closely with nursing staff and physicians on variances from normal procedure scheduling protocols to determine if patient should be seen for a consult visit or if they qualify for direct scheduling of procedure.
• Communicates with patient regarding insurance information, billing procedures/financial expectations, and obtains necessary signatures.
• Provides patient education/information regarding preparation for Endoscopy procedures, in accordance with established procedures, via phone and/or in person. Advises patient to bring current medications with them on the day of the procedure to ensure information is appropriately updated prior to procedure.
• Coordinates appropriate pharmacy orders for procedure preparation medications giving consideration to any specific needs based on current medications patients may be taking. Advises patient where and when the medications can be picked up.
• Coordinates insurance verification process and obtains necessary pre-certifications and/or approvals and provides patient with estimated patient pay portion for services.
• Coordinates closely with Patient Financial Representatives and refers patients appropriately for establishment of payment arrangements and/or estimates of services.
• Acts as a liaison and advocate to the patient responding to questions regarding the procedure and makes referrals to the nursing staff, physician and/or Patient Accounts as appropriate.
• Schedules patient procedures for the Endoscopy Department. Performs the role of liaison between the Endoscopy and GI departments considering the flow of patients when scheduling patient procedures. Specific job tasks include:
• Schedules procedures with consideration to the availability of the physician and endoscopy procedure room. Schedules to maximum utilization of physician’s time and utilization of Endoscopy rooms/staff, and enhance patient flow.
• Inputs all patient demographics and procedure information, diagnosis, prep medications and pre-antibiotics into the various information systems as needed.
• Prior to office consult or procedure, contacts referring physician and patient for all related medical records including laboratory results and x-rays for the prior year. If any pertinent information is missing, is responsible for follow-up with departments, referring physician and/or patient to obtain needed information prior to the patient’s appointment/procedure. Lack of pertinent health information could result in procedure cancellations and/or rescheduling.
• Reviews physician schedules each morning. Coordinates and communicates changes in the schedule for same day or next day to Endoscopy. In conjunction with the Endoscopy Charge Nurse, coordinates and adjusts schedules to maximum utilization of physician’s time and utilization of Endoscopy rooms/staff, and enhance patient flow.
• Calls patients to confirm appointments three (3) days prior to procedure.
• Performs secretarial and administrative duties for the Gastroenterology Department including composing, drafting, and preparing correspondence/memorandums, and compiling a variety of reports.
• Coordinates and maintains physician call schedules. Works closely with physicians to create a schedule template which will positively affect the physician in achieving productivity needs, patient satisfaction and reduce the need to revise schedules.
• In conjunction with the Manager and staff, identifies topics for educational sessions and potential speakers/resources. Coordinates meeting rooms, agendas, handouts, etc.
• Assists with special projects including data gathering, data analysis, and summary reporting (i.e., referring MD report, procedural/encounter report, Flu/Pneumonia Vaccine QI, etc.).
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Acts as the Department Safety Liaison and completes the departmental quarterly safety inspections.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department or organization to include acting as a Super User for the Cerner information system for the Gastroenterology Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Patient safety standards
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Medical terminology
• Endoscopy procedures
• Office procedures including record keeping
• Multi-line telephone sets
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written in order to answer routine questions clearly and concisely, schedule appointments and gather information and give directions
• Developing and maintaining patient records and statistical reports
• Data gathering and analysis for compiling reports/information and project coordination
• Basic computer skills
• Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Composing and editing business correspondence and reports
• Work independently
• Organization, prioritization and time management
• Paying close attention to detail
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care, scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Perform basic mathematical calculations
• Exercise initiative and problem-solving
• Position requires high degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the confidential nature of information handled.
• Errors in the scheduling of patient endoscopy procedures may result in patient satisfaction issues or loss of revenue
• Details in patient scheduling allow for the most complete and thorough process of scheduling the patient’s procedure.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum of one year of secretarial experience
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.