Kelly Services Radiochemist - NIH in Bethesda, Maryland
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as Radiochemist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
Optional health, vision, and dental plans
Vacation leave as well as paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
(2) Maintain automated apparatus for radiosyntheses.
(3) Perform experimental radiochemistry.
(4) Perform radiochemical analyses on radiotracers, using techniques such as radio-TLC and radio-HPLC.
(5) Perform organic synthesis in support of the medicinal chemistry program.
(6) Ensure radiation safety during radiosyntheses and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
(7) Record raw data and file data accessibly.
(8) Contribute to laboratory activities and meetings as well as assist with exploratory-IND applications
(9) Perform organic synthesis of key materials (e.g., reference compounds and precursors for labeling).
(10) Devise synthetic routes to target molecules; produce 10-100 member libraries with acceptable purity and deliver quantities to support biological assays.
(11) Independently design, synthesize and optimize chemical probes for potency and solubility.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related discipline and two years of experience. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a master's degree is equivalent.
(2) Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
(3) Experience with analytical and organic chemistry.
(4) Practical experience with analytical and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
(5) Familiarity with the theory and practice of separation techniques such as HPLC.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Why Kelly ® ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)