PPD Intern-Graduate in Bethesda, Maryland
Evidera is a global research and consulting group that partners with life science companies worldwide. Our services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in clinical development, regulatory consulting, epidemiology, HTA and health economics, patient-centered research, market access and real-world evidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful research team and to help define and drive solutionsfor clients and patients! As an intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the roleData Collectionplay inPeri- and Post Approval Studies (PPAS) and Real-World Evidenceand help our clients in the biopharma and medical device industries build clinical, epidemiologic, and economic evidence to demonstrate and support the effectiveness, safety and value of their products. You will learn how we design, conduct and analyse a variety of clinical research study types (e.g., randomized and non-randomized late-phase trials, expanded access programs, prospective studies and registries, chart reviews, etc.), and how we build evidence to support key elements of the drug/device evidence package.
At Evidera we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
The internship is a10-week positionto provide support for multiple projects (including ‘live’ projects) under supervision, with tasks varying to degree by project and participate in targeted self-improvement projects. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
_The Team__ _
The Peri- and Post Approval Studies and Real-World Evidence team supports biopharmaceutical companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device industries build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products.
Data Collection - PPAS
The Data Collection team focuses on the design and implementation of de novo data collection studies (retrospective, prospective, and/or cross-sectional). Data collected in these studies are then used to address key research questions such as:
- Efficacy and safety analysis
- Comparative effectiveness and safety
- Real-world effectiveness and safety
- Post-approval safety studies
- Treatment patterns and drug utilization
- Performance of diagnostic tests
- Resource utilization
- Burden of disease
- Incidence and prevalence of diseases and co-morbidities
- The impact of various risk factors
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)_:
- Assisting team members with designated tasks that drive the overall objectives of the function
- Participating in departmental and/or organization wide special projects aimed to achieving annual priorities
- Assisting team members with drafting and reviewing scientific deliverables (protocols, case report forms, analysis plans, analysis output, and reports)
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Participating in training sessions relevant to your designated functional area
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
*Education and Experience:*
Must be enrolled or completed an MSc and/or PhD program
Focus on Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics preferred
Experience with data collection preferred
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
Good English and grammar skills
High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
SAS (Base, Stat, Graph, Macro), R, SPSS, STATA, WinBUGS
Evidera values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
Organization: *US BU
Location: MD-Bethesda-Bethesda MD
Requisition ID: 205711
Other Locations: US-MA-Waltham-Evidera Waltham MA
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group