Amazon Engineering Operations Manager, DCEO in Berlin, Germany
Our Data Centers runs critical IT infrastructure, it requires a reliable supply of uninterrupted cooling and power at all times, in order to deliver continuous uptime availability for our customers. We encounter interesting, challenging & complex problems every day, being a technical manager in Amazon means that you can innovate to solve these issues and help drive Operations Excellence in all areas of your role.
Our Engineering Operations Managers (The Facility Operations Manager) are responsible for leading a team, overseeing the best in class operations and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical infrastructure for his data centers in AWS Cloud region. They are self-managed individuals who demonstrate initiative mindset, proactively seeks solutions to problems and strives for operational excellency.
In this role you will:
· Set and maintain the highest standard for safety and actively promoting a world-class safety culture.
· Hire, manage, develop and coach a team of line-level facility staff.
· Collaborate with other team leaders including Finance, Safety, HR, Recruiting.
· Manage vendors and vendor contracting negotiations.
Operations and Maintenance
· Manage electrical and mechanical equipment, including Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS’s), Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS’s), Diesel Generators, Chillers, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), Exhaust Fans, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s), and Transformers.
· Implement strategic preventative maintenance and corrective break-fix planning on mission-critical infrastructures. Review and approve equipment maintenance and repair processes and procedures as well as the ability to tactfully drive continuous organizational change management.
· Prepare for and lead the team through facility infrastructure incident management plan. This includes event planning, drill coordination, leadership escalation, incident mitigation, and post event reporting and follow up.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Berlin, BE, DEU
• An engineering degree or equivalent
• 4+ years of relevant engineering experience managing large scale services
• At least 2 years of team management teams in a mission critical culture
• Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product
• Experience in mission-critical operations environment (e.g. nuclear facility, high technology manufacturing, healthcare, aviation maintenance, oil and gas) preferably linked to a 24/7 uninterrupted operations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.